Connect with Israel
Israel is our homeland. As an American synagogue, a central pillar is to support Israel and to provide opportunities for our congregants to grow their connection with the Jewish state. For our synagogue, the connection to Israel is at our very core. Oheb Shalom believes every member should have the opportunity to learn, engage, and connect with Israel. As well, we need to be informed about all of the facts and issues to effectively advocate for the Jewish State. The Israel Action Committee is responsible for annually developing meaningful programs that excite and grow our linkage to our homeland.
Join the Israel Action Committee
The Israel Action committee is focused on bringing a little bit of Israel to South Orange. We work to bridge the geographic gap and connect our synagogue with our homeland. Each year we sponsor events and programming to appeal to all ages and interests. Some of our past programming has included:
- An evening of Israeli Folk Dancing
- Israeli Movie Night
- Guest Speakers on Israel
Our goals is to make all of our congregants more informed, connected, and engaged with Israel. Come join the Israel Action Committee, have fun, and get closer to Israel.
- To promote - regardless of one's political orientation - congregational understanding of key issues in the State of Israel.
- To support and celebrate Israel by developing and participating in economic, cultural, religious and social programmatic events, and by maintaining links with its people and its institutions.
- To identify and report any local expression of anti-Zionism or anti-Semitism.
- To express and inspire solidarity with the State of Israel.
Check out this short video of our Jerusalem Day in May, 2013. Members built the city of Jerusalem out of Lego!